| Resume |
I am currently doing freelance consulting for the garment industry based out of Ahmedabad and offering technical services to various garmenting Units.
Worked with Super Spinning Mills Limited, Coimbatore, from June 2007 till May 2008, as Business Head for the Knits Garmenting Division, directly reporting the Managing Director.
As a profit centre Head for the Garment SBU, I was responsible for working out the Garment Marketing strategy for Domestic and Export Business, preparing Business Plan for the financial year, Sales Plan and execution, Preparation of Profit and Loss Statement, Forecasting for future growth, Project expansion plans and managing the operations of the two garmenting Units each having 256 machines and Knitting Unit having 8 Mayer and Cie machines and 1 Barudan embroidery machine ( 20 head )
May 2005 to May 2007
Headed the Garments Business Division of the leading Indian Textile Group, Surya lakshmi Textiles, Manufacturers of world class Denim fabric and garments.
Directly reporting into the Managing Director, responsible for handling the entire operations of the Garment Business.
Set up a green field project for manufacture of high quality Denim jeans (garments) for a capacity of 6000 pieces per day to cater to the export market.
During this time, I had travelled to Turkey for selection of laundry equipments and also to Sri lanka to visit some of the garmenting Units.
The Unit has 300 machines including specialized machines ( Automates ) for Jeans making and a full fledged integrated Washing Unit. The operations commenced in July 06 and by May 07 produced around 4000 jeans per day managing a worker strength of about 650 people across all departments including Washing. The entire manufacturing team has been recruited and built up by me and all the workers are fresh and have been imparted training at the factory. The Unit is currently catering to buyers like Carrefour (Europe) and Steve & Barrys (US).
September 2003 to April 2005
* Worked with the parent company The Arvind Mills Limited, Garment business division, Bangalore, as Chief Manager, Projects, and was responsible for setting up a new Shirts manufacturing Unit in Bangalore for 6000 pcs/ day at Bangalore for the exports market. The garment unit was set up and operational in 4 months time in a leased premises. The Unit has catered to buyers like Dockers, Espirit, Next, Saitt, Sfera in the formal and casual wear range.
During this time, I had IMB 2003 fair, Cologne, Germany, for selection of machinery for the new project.
May 2000 to August 2003
Worked with Arvind Exports Limited, Bangalore, as Manager, Projects
* The job involved setting up of new Garment Manufacturing Units for export operations and augmenting capacities of existing Units located at Bangalore. The first project was setting up of 100000 pcs/ month Shirts Unit for exports at Bangalore in September 2000.
The Units have catered to buyers like Dockers, Old Navy, Gap, Next, Espirit, SOliver, Frankonia, Armand Thiery. I have been instrumental in implementation of the ERP ( STAGE AND PROMAN software ) in all these Units for Merchandising, Inventory, Purchase and Production modules.
January 1997 to April 2000
Worked with *The Arvind Mills Limited, Ahmedabad*, as Chief Manager, Technical Services in the Garments Business Division
* The job involved providing complete technical assistance and quality assurance to the Garment manufacturing franchisees located all over India. The Units had been set up in Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai, Chandigarh and Indore with capacities of 50000 garments per day and involved in production of Ruf and Tuf brand products and marketed in their respective territory States.
* All of these units have been started and commissioned under my supervision for the commercial production of Denim Jeans and Cotton Trousers. The Units were assisted for recruitment and training of manpower, apparel manufacturing methods and achieving productivity levels and productivity improvement and garment washing know-how.
April 1994 to December 1996
Worked with Arya Weaving L. P., Pathumthani, Thailand, as *Production Manager (Garments)*
* The job involved Production Planning and Quality Control of the entire garment manufacturing activity including in-house garment processing.
* The company used to manufacture 160,000 units per month and the entire production was exported to the EEC operating for buyers like Hennes & Mauritz, Manor AG, Neve Warenhaus, Adelsten, Jeans and Clothes, Jelmoli, Sportsgruppen etc.
September 1991 to March 1994
Worked with The Quest Apparel Mfg. Co., Ahmedabad, (A division of Arvind Mills Ltd. ) as Senior Production Executive. Independently handled all production activities for manufacturing Denim Jeans, Jackets and Shirts. The company was producing the leading Indian brand Flying Machine