| Resume |
Giri Raj Kishore
To reach a meaningful position and contribute my skills of multifunctional & cross-functional experience of conventional business and emerging IT trends (ERP) towards the growth of the organization.
Career synopsis: 29 years:
Leveraging overall 29 years of experience in Business Development, Sales & Marketing management, Materials Management, Corporate Planning, Strategic planning, Sales Accounting, Software development( Oracle/ VB).
Good exposure to ERP, Power Point, MS Word and MS Excel etc. to carry out the above responsibilities.
1. Working with Satellite Cables Pvt Ltd as General Manager Marketing(Projects) looking after Domestic institutional business and Exports( Since July2013)
2. Worked with Rallison Electricals Pvt. Ltd., (POWER CABLES MANUFACTURING COMPANY) as General Manager (Institutional Marketing) on All India Basis (Joined as Manager Marketing ) (April07 June13)
- Business Development involving developing new clients and registration with customers, consultants and contractors to ensure growth in the market size for the company.
- Developing new areas for the companys products.
- Obtaining inquiries and tenders. Preparation of Cost Estimates of contract agreements/ Tenders, submission and follow up, negotiations and finalization of orders etc.
- Carrying out the activities associated with the execution of contract agreement involving coordination with the clients, issue of Bank Guarantees, production, quality control, inspections (Direct/ TPI) and finance departments etc.
- Realization of payments and collection of C forms etc
- Increased the customer base and added quality customers e. g. BHEL, NTPC, ISRO, EIL, MECON, NRL, IOCL, HPCL, BPCL, NLC, DVC, PGCIL, STEEL PLANTS, ONGC, TNEB, NPCIL, DLW, COAL INDIA LTD (and its subsidiaries), DAE, AAI, STATE ELECTRICITY BOARDS, and various other government/ semi government agencies besides Private sector giants like ABB, L & T, BGR Energy, LANCO, Siemens, etc to name a few.
- The volume of institutional sales went up from around Rs 12 crores in 2006-07 to Rs.25 Crores in 2007-08 and reached upto Rs 50 Crores till 31.3.09
3. Worked with Industrial Cables( I) Ltd., (Punjab), India's premium Power cable company. (Nov. -1996 to Nov 2003)
- Business Development:- Developing new institutional buyers (Government/ PSU and non government )across the country.
- Presales and tendering : Generating enquiries, Tender preparation, cost estimation, pricing and finalisation of commercial terms and conditions.
- Execution of commercial contracts in association with Testing and Quality Control, Production and Customers and effecting deliveries on schedules.
- Key Account Manager. -Maintaining, monitoring and reporting on the debtors
position on daily and periodical basis for the entire company.
- Target Setting and coordinating with company's countrywide Branch Offices
- Responsible for the complete Computerization of the Sales Department acting as a in-house Business Analyst for business Process analysis, standardization and reengineering
- Done in house audit for ISO -9001.
- MIS reporting & feedback to Management for better control and productivity.
- Effectively transformed the sales organizational working from manual to system oriented.
- Controlled deliveries to reduce penalties and consequent financial loss to the company.
- Managed and improved cash inflow position to make the company cash buoyant.
- Evolved and effected better means of communications and coordination between the Head Office, Branches and Customers.
4. Worked with Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd, Ranchi. The organization is a Core Central Government Public Sector Undertaking employing 22,000 employees and engaged in the Manufacturing and Turnkey Projects for Central and State government organizations like Coal India Ltd., SAIL, Defence, Railways and Mining sector etc. besides other private sector engineering organizations. ( March'85- November'95 )
- Marketing of Engineering Sector and Sugar Mills casting and forging products
of highly technical nature on All India basis. It involved Pre tendering and Post
tendering activities like generating Enquiries, Quoting, Negotiation, Finalization of Contracts, Issue of Sales Orders to the Factory, follow up for Execution, Dispatch and Collection of Payments.
- Marketing and Finalization of Contracts for the By-Product sales in close
association with the Top Management.
- Coordinating for the Computerization of the Marketing Department with the
system developers as a Business Analyst.
- Maintaining and Monitoring Debtors