| Resume |
- 9 years of experience in Automobile Industry as a Production Engineer with Ashok Leyland Ltd, one of the leading manufacturer of Commercial Vehicle in India.
- Tenure : August 2004 till date
- Designation: Deputy Manager Chassis, vehicle assembly and VTS.
Job Profiles and Responsibilities:
- Aggregates (Frame Assembly, Engines, FES and TYRES etc. ) Planning and scheduling to ensure timely availability to meet the chassis build.
- Responsible for the Cost Management Initiatives In Ashok Leyland Ltd, Hosur Unit 1 Chassis Assy.
- Coordinator for SAP introduction in Hosur 1 Vehicle Assy and Successfully introduced SAP from Sept 2011 onwards.
- Responsible for timely introduction of New Products & Engineering Design Modifications (EDM) in production.
- Implementing the target wise planning as per customer order
- Internal Auditor for TS 16949 & ISO 14001
- Monitoring and controlling of Vehicle Assy - Inventory level with in target.
- Handling the subcontract and review the Critical items and follow-up
- Manpower planning for production cells.
- Implementation of 5'S in all working area
- Preparing monthly and daily production plan for assembly
- Controlling the Inventory within the Targets.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP & ERP systems used for manufacturing & Planning. Well versed with the usage of specific modules like Production Modules, BOM and EDM (Engineering Design Modification) Tracking & Implementation.
- Human Resource Management and coordinating the team of 86 Associates to achieve the Results
- Target and result oriented planning skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills combined with lateral thinking.
- Strong analytical capabilities and result-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Ability to organize and experienced with working in a team-oriented setting.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and to make responsible decisions
- Received appreciation from Value Engineering Team for contributing to overall VE savings of Rs.5.5 Crores for the year 2009-10.
- Introduced ABC Analysis for all GEMBA UNITS in H1 as First time in Ashok Leyland
- As a part of CFT Team, eliminated the variation b/ w Online WIP & Physical WIP of Engine Dressing & FES trimming components which have resulted in Correctness in ERP/ Improved Scheduling Accuracy.
- Standardization of components done for 5 chassis component part nos.
- Planning/ execution done for converting 51 non moving engines to usable engines which gives direct Inv reduction of Rs.1.53Crs
- Lead Role in Converting & Upgrading 353 non moving chassis to Marketing Sales which gives direct Inv reduction of Rs.42.36Crs.
- Established the process of SKD Kit dispatches in Hosur Unit 1 and dispatched 600 Kits of 222WB-FALCON Chassis to RAK (UAE) in 2010 11 & 201112
- Unit level Award winner in Mini - Improve'08 Competition & Participated in National IMPROVE'08 Competition
- Introduced Cargo Pedal Arrangement in all 2516 Tipper,2214 & 2516H Models which has resulted in a saving of Rs.471/ Vehicle.
- Developed Online Aggregates planning program and introduced in H1 - first time in Ashok Leyland.
Qualification Institute/ University Duration Aggregate/ CGPA
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME) P. S. G. Polytechnic College, Coimbatore 2001 2004 75
Secondary School Leaving Certificate St Antonys Boys High School 2000-2001 89.6
Trainings Gained on Technical aspect
- TS16949 Internal Auditor Training from IRQS
- SPC Techniques from PQ systems
- PPAP Awareness program.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Materials Management