Position Sought :
Assistant Manager-Financial Planning & Analysis
29 years Experience : 5.0
|B.Com||Christ Church College, Kanpur |
|Chartered Accountant||Ahmedabad Branch of WIRC of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Ahmedabad |
|BCom, Chartered Accountant|| |
Preferred Location :
Job Category :
Expected Salary :
15 lacs p.a.
| Resume |
Assistant Manager financial Planning & budgeting, Discovery communications India-
24th June 2013 till date-
Budgeting and Forecasting -Preparation of Annual budget for the India Region and regular Monitoring through the Monthly Forecast.
Monthly monitoring and review of accounts-Monthly review of books of accounts and analysis of the variances with the Budget and rolling Forecast.
Management presentations-monthly presentation to the management for the performance of the region.
Audits-point of contact for audits (internal as well as statutory and tax Audit).
Revenue Analysis-analysis of revenue booked by two modes (ad & distribution) conducted separately, by in house sales teams respectively.
Executive BU performance controlling in Siemens Limited, Energy Power Transmission
3rd Mar 2011 to June 2013-
Budgeting and Forecasting - BU level as well as for regional and segmental breakouts. Preparing annual, quarterly and monthly Profit and Loss, Balance sheet and Free Cash Flow forecasts.
- Complete P & L forecast through analysis and review of key assumptions and cross referencing with previous actual data to make realistic forecasts; key special impacts incorporation etc
- Cash Flow and NCE forecasts based on various inputs like collection, payments, open Purchase orders etc
Controlling- Monthly review and dashboard preparations for regional as well as segmental reporting and project wise analysis too. Analyzing variances v/ s Budget/ Forecast and last years.
- On Monthly basis, analysis of variance between Forecasted Key parameters and actual.
- Analysis of Project wise Exception reports generated on the dashboard and rectification of the same.
- Closing activities in relation to the Profit and loss account and balance sheet clean up.
- Regular review of the Provisions and accruals booked by the project teams.
Monthly/ Quarterly/ Annual Financial Closing as well as Single Point of Contact for all Audit queries before management discussions as well as Notes to Accounts schedules
- Audits Includes, Tax Audit, Quarterly Limited Reviews, Management audits.
- SOX Audit (Internal Round as well as External-done by E & Y. )
- Transfer pricing Audit (as several Transactions are done with the holding company)
Board Meeting and Limited Review results preparation- Key MIS and business performance analysis for presentation to company management.
- Preparation of presentations for monthly review meetings of the management (Business unit, Division and sector)
- Trends of the various key business parameters in the financial year.
Reporting Reporting to the top management and global/ regional headquarters. Reporting on various tools-SAP, web based Reporting etc.
- Reporting of the actual results and analysis of Variance of actual vis a vis Forecasts.
- Dual Reporting to management and the management of the holding company.
Management Trainee in SBI Life Insurance Company Limited -19th April 2010 to 20th February 2011, selection through Special Campus Placement of ICAI
Worked as an associate with research analysts on various valuation models.
Fund performance analysis and in-depth study of data presented by Equity Fund Managers.
Preparing presentations for the committee meetings making an overall comparison of the companys products vis--vis the products of other companies and the industry.
Making an analytical study of the fund managers portfolios & judging their performance.
Principal: C. A. Anjani Kheterpal, in M/ s Rajiv Mehrotra & Associates, Kanpur- 10th Sept 06 to 16th Dec 09.
Experience: Headed several statutory, tax, internal & management audits in clients like Kapila Pashu Ahaar, KCK Exports, Jessons Machine Tools Limited, Punjab Paints Varnishes and Paints Pvt. Limited. J. S. Auto Pvt. Ltd. Etc.